What a lovely time to go through my comments to realize that I’ve forgotten to respond to this blog award! In the midst of all this snow that just got dumped on us, I get to look at the “Sunshine Award” and think about how much I already miss the warm sunshine! Thank you Nimmi!
I’ve taken a little bit of an unplanned hiatus. I will be posting a major update before Jan 1st, 2016! So stay tuned. But for now… the award!
Rules for the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog.
Questions for me:
- Which decade do you miss the most? Would it be weird to say the 80s, even though I was only born in 1986? (Go ahead and do the math — yes I will be 30 in April.) I can hardly say “I grew up in the 80s” since I only had a whopping four years in it, but I’ve always said that I would love to have been a teenager in the 80s. I love 80s music. I love record players. And as weird as it will be to say this since I do online blogging, I do miss NOT constantly being connected to social media. Besides, I’ve got the perfect hair for the 80s!
- To which poet do you feel most connected to? Shakespeare hands down. No question about it. I didn’t really appreciate much of his work until college. In fact, I never really enjoyed poetry at all prior to college. I didn’t “get it.” I couldn’t exactly pinpoint the time where I realized I loved poetry and when it clicked, but over the years, I’ve had a deeper and deeper appreciation for Shakespeare. I love his work. He can make me cry and laugh, and usually at the same time. He writes about a lot of real emotions that so many people would be able to connect with, but don’t because his style is different than modern day poets.
- Your spirit cartoon character/TV show artist? I don’t watch a lot TV so i’m not entirely sure how to answer this one. Well… okay, so I DO watch TV, but not with spirit cartoons. I can’t even pick a favorite TV show so picking a favorite PERSON is really hard. One of my favorite shows, which had their series finale early 2015, is Revenge. I loved the series and the main character Emily was one of my favorites. She was a very strong female character, which was why I probably loved her so much. I’m currently watching Quantico, Once Upon a Time, Pretty Little Liars (don’t judge), Game of Thrones (hurry and start again please!), and Nashville. I gave up on Scandal, Blindspot, and Black List. And not because I didn’t enjoy them, but because I was already watching so much TV that I had to stop watching something! Also, I couldn’t pick a favorite character from any of these though. I suck at favorites. Oh, I guess another TV show I loved was Breaking Bad! Walter White’s character had amazing development throughout the series.
- Your favorite indulgence when in stress? Lately it has been using my adult coloring book! I love love love it. Running used to be my ultimate form of relieving stress. I had fallen off the bandwagon with that over the years, but since this last June, I have gotten back up and running and it feels amazing!
- How has your blog helped you the most? My blog has has helped me connect with so many different types of people from around the world. I love being able to interact with other bloggers online.!
Until next time,