I was nominated for the “One Lovely Blog” award by Raven Haired Girl. Thank you so much for this award!!
The rules are as follows:
* Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
* Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
* Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
* Nominate about 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
I’m so very grateful for every time I’m nominated for an award. I have to keep coming up with new facts about me!! So this is the challenge I made for myself. I will first share what I’ve already posted from previous awards (so you know I’m not cheating. =D ) And then I will post the facts for the award I was nominated for.
From the Dragon’s Loyalty Award
1. I refuse to watch ANY scary movies.
2. You’ll never see me without polish on my toes.
3. I’m the oldest of four (two sisters and one brother).
4. My socks never match.
5. I pour more coffee than I actually drink. I think I just like the smell.
6. I started this blog four years ago today (Happy Anniversary to me), but it took me two years to finally publish something.
7. My lucky day is Fri the 13th.
From the Versatile Blogger Award
1. My Favorite color is Orange.
2. I don’t know how to properly curl my own hair.
3. I type over 60 wpm. Last time I checked was YEARS ago and it was 68 – I feel like I’m faster now, BUT the fact I want to share isn’t the speed of what I type: I don’t use my pinky fingers! I definitely do not type correctly. But hey, I’m still efficient and fast!
4. I prefer Smart water over any other brand.
5. I HAVE to wear a cami under everything. I feel more secure.
6. Coffee choice as of late: grande no whip 3 pump mocha.
7. Music I’ve been listening to lately The Veronicas and Taylor Swift!
And finally, the seven facts for this award: One Lovely Blog Award
1. Changed my coffee choice since the last award. It’s now a Grande Hazelnut Latte.
2. I commute from Kenosha to Chicago for work – so roughly 2.5 hours a day is taken up on a train. (But this is when I catch up on all the blog postings from the bloggers I follow!)
3. I just hit 300 followers on my blog today. I’m SO excited!!
4. I ripped my last pair of contacts about a month ago so I’ve been wearing my glasses. Not sure I even miss my contacts anymore.
5. I’m a really good listener – at least I’ve been told I am! I’d tell you to ask the people who are talking to me about break-ups, but I’m not going to mention who they are. 🙂 So you’ll just have to take my word for it.
6. I’m a closet vegetarian. I’ll go months and months without eating meat, then I’ll be okay for a while, then I’ll go back to eating meat again. I’ve been back an forth since I was a child.
7. I would LOVE to have a sugar glider as a pet. They are SO cute! But, that isn’t possible at the moment. (And in case you don’t know what they are, look here. And be prepared for the cuteness!!)
My 15 Blog Nominations
(in NO particular order)
1. John H. Howard: Chronicler of randomness; author of fantasy, horror, and more.
2. AWAY FROM THE NOISE: Inspiring Positive Simplicity
3. Esther Newton – Writer and Tutor
4. toofulltowrite (I’ve started so I’ll finish)
5. Edgy Thinking: Everything I see
6. talkw3rds: Poetry, Urban Affairs, and Politics – An awed combination.
7. ZOE AMBLER – AUTHOR: I go bump in the Night
8. Beaded Quill: Writing across two hemispheres
9. serendipity413 ~ Dream as if you’ll live forever
10. Vera Dulce Blog
11. Ambling & Rambling: Scattered thoughts and general musings
12. Hope* The Happy Hugger: Life, love, happiness and most of all, kindness…
13. MaLessa Swann
14. Moondustwriter’s Blog: penned with moon dust
15. Ripples N Reflections
And if you want to know even more about me, I did an interview on my social media platforms.
Pingback: Now Lovely Blog Award | Edgy Thinking
Awesome! That’s fun stuff. Thanks for the nomination as well as the follow. I’ll have to put some thought into this and post something later when I’m not actually working…
Haha yeha i Hear ya – I was nominated last week and just got to it today! Whoops.
Thanks for stopping by!
I’m afraid the sugar glider would not thrive in our house. Too much competition for food with my wife (she’s a sugar addict)! Oh, and congrats for the award and for 4 years! And for your 300 followers!
Thanks times three!
That’s too funny about the sugar glider. I don’t have time for pets unfortunately. Josh and I aren’t at the house enough to ever get one. 😦 A cat would work, but he’s allergic. Go figure! Haha.
Thank you soooo much for the nomination. Sooo chuffed 🙂
Whoa, what? People read my blog?! Awesome! Thanks for the nomination!
Why of course they do! It’s the power of tagging your entries! 🙂
Thanks btw and congrats on your anniversary and all the great things going on…
Thank you so much for the nomination, I appreciate it 🙂
It’s probably a lot less stressful taking the Metra to and from work than it would be to try and drive to Chicago for work.
(In my most mechanical voice… “CAUTION. The DOORS are about to close. … The next stop will be … wilMETTE.”
Oh I’d never drive. Heck no. Haha. I love the Metra.
Thanks a ton Megan – your blog is like a whiff of fresh air… honest and very you! Keep writing … 🙂
Aw thank you so much! Xoxo
Pingback: Awards and Rewards | Ripples N Reflections
Oh my gosh. Thank you so much!!