Some times in our lives, we have those enlightening days: days where we learn things about ourselves, each other, life, or the world. The past week opened my eyes to these new observations which I would like to share with you all:
- I’m too old to deal with immaturity and disrespect and distrust. I realize people have their immature moments, but there is a time and place for all actions. I don’t need to deal with people who let these qualities rule their personality. Being able to joke and have a good time is one thing, but once that line gets crossed, it becomes more of an annoying nuisance than a fun time. And once the trust is broken with me, it will never be the same again.
- “Right on” is the best conversation stopper.
- Dancing really is my only form of exercise, as sad as that is. As much as I try to work out, and want to work out, it just doesn’t happen, nor will it happen in the near future.
- Twitter is amazing. Make fun of me, I don’t care. But I have met so many amazing people through Twitter and made so many personal and business connections. There are some people that I couldn’t imagine NOT talking to them on a regular basis. It may seem strange to a lot of people that I haven’t physically MET some of these people, but that doesn’t matter. Some people I HAVE met in person after I met them on Twitter. I couldn’t ask for a better way to connect with people.
- There comes a point when there is too much to multi-task and something bad happens… you know, like your finger might end up getting smashed in a metal gate.
- My room is really just never going to get clean. I’m never home.
- Girl’s days/nights are the best, even if they don’t go as planned. It’s always a fun time. I’ve been having a lot of them lately with different groups of girls. It’s been an absolute blast. I’ve reconnected with some of my girl friends that I’ve known for a long time, but neglected to hang out as much for whatever reason I had. But then I’ve also connected with new girl friends. And everybody gets along and it makes a happy megan.
- Going to a wedding reception, not knowing ANYONE other than the bride and one bridesmaid, which you can’t sit by anyway, and without a date, will force you to open up. It’s one of the best things that has happened to me this past week. Sure I was bummed that my so-called date backed out on me just five days prior, but I met a lot of awesome people, and even managed to snag a guy’s number… as I was about to leave for the night. It was fabulous.
- Don’t make fun of people for using their passport as an ID… karma will make YOU lose your ID. Haha. (love you, Chelsea!)
- I need to blog more often. It will only make me better at my writing. I need to stop worrying about how good or how bad it is and just hit the “publish” button! I’m my own worst critic, and I know that, yet I still allow myself to stop writing.
And there you have it. It’s a little peek into the life of me from the past week. Some people will know certain situations I wrote about, yet others remain clueless. I like it that way.
Until next time…